Try our Organic Soup Starters! The savory earthiness of black beans and onions are contrasted by the sweetness of corn and bell peppers in this delicious soup starter. Made with a blend of southwestern spices, featuring New Mexican Red Chile powder, it yields a delicious and full-flavored soup in a matter of minutes. Simply add 3 ingredients plus this mix to your Instant Pot! Makes 3-4 servings.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pouch soup starter
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
Instant Pot Directions:
1. In an Instant Pot® set to Sauté, warm the oil. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the soup starter, tomatoes and water/chicken broth and stir to combine.
3. Lock the lid in place, seal and set to cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. When pressure cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
4. Carefully remove the lid and ladle the soup into bowls. Top with cheese, cilantro, jalapeños, sour cream, avocado...or mix and match!
Our Freeze-Dried goods are produced in a process where moisture is removed from the product using a very low temperature and a vacuum. The end product weight is reduced by over 80 percent, while the volume stays the same. This remarkable process concentrates the fresh taste, natural color, and texture of various foods.
When rehydrated, the products will absorb the liquid and resemble fresh veggies once again. The taste is great and the nutritional value is preserved. Freeze-drying provides natural and additive free foods to be stored effectively for long periods of time, making them an ideal product for long term food storage and emergency preparedness.
Ingredients: black beans*~, sweet white corn*~, bell pepper*~, yellow onion*~, tomato powder*, cumin, paprika~, chili powder~ (chili pepper, cumin seed, oregano leaf, garlic), New Mexican Red Chile powder. *=Freeze-dried / ~=Organic
Shelf-Life: Will store for 20+ years under ideal storage conditions (cool, dark, dry place).
Packaging: Sealed air-tight in resealable Mylar bags (oxygen absorber included). Bag size is 6 x 11 x 3 inches. Total package weight is 5.6 oz.
top of page
Out of Stock